Sunday, May 13, 2012

My First Mothers Day

Dear Lydia,
Ok so I love going to church. I just love the way it feels there, like your loved. Of course thats not the only reason i go, it is important to serve others. Thats why we have callings and we do our best at them. My favorite sunday through out the year is mothers day. I remember one mothers day in my home ward when they had new mothers speak about being a mother. I loved it.  You see my whole life all I have wanted to be is a mother. Its in my nature. Even if i didn't like babysitting. I have always wanted you. I have always wanted to be there for you, to love you. To support you. To be everything to you that I always needed. I remember the Mothers Day on my mission, a man in the ward got up and spoke about the birth of his child that had happened just a couple weeks previous. He spoke of the love that he had seen his wife demonstrate in being a mommy. He said she was his hero. I can only hope to be your Dad's and your hero. Im never going to be perfect but please try to see that i am trying. I am always trying. You guys sure made me feel special this year ( Daddy said last year didn't count). 
I read somewhere that some Native American tribes believe that it's during those quiet times during labor, between all the hard work, that the woman is actually out searching through the stars for the soul of her child.
You are perfect for me, I hope I can be perfect for you.
Thank you for letting me be your mommy.
 Your daddy wanted me to make sure i knew that this gift was from you, so he wrote the words you wanted to say. 
 I love you too boo. 
Best mothers day ever.

"The moment a child is born, the mother is also born. She never existed before. The woman existed, but the mother, never. A mother is something absolutely new."
~Rajneesh

No comments:

Post a Comment